Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What Did You Say...?

I found some interesting youtube.com videos by a man named Sean, who through reading his profile states he has Bipolar disorder. His videos are numbered in chronological order of topic, etc and are extremely interesting or at least to me they are. He talks about the many different aspects of the disorder and how he believes they come to be. I suffer from paranoia and watching his videos, I could relate to almost everything he was talking about. Although, I feel what he suggests causes Bipolar, how we can break, the many different sides, and the cycle of Bipolar is quite an ugly belief he has. I am not legitimately putting myself through these episodes willingly and that is the gist I got from him. Although, I did not find the long-term help that others may find in his perspectives. I did like the fact that he approached issues that I have not heard many people that suffer from Bipolar disorder discuss which had led me to think I was alone with these symptoms. I also learned a few things, that I was not aware could be part of it or that I did not recognize before. He talks a lot about how your ego reflects how your brain works and how this relates to the state of your spiritual well-being. From what I watched, he really made me think he thought that the only way to cure yourself is for a Spiritual awakening to rid you from the sin of Bipolar… This made me think of all those who actually think that mental illness is something caused by the devil and that people who suffer from mental illness are sinful, dirty, and letting the devil take over their souls. He goes on and on about how a spiritual awakening and such can rid you of the disorder like it is some sort of venereal disease. Now I know there are many out there that believe that mental illnesses are nothing more than a darkening or lack of spiritual and religious purity, but those who I have known to think like this do not have the disorder themselves and this man does. I am left wondering if maybe I am the one with the blinders on here… I have never thought myself or anyone else was to blame for my downfalls, especially not God and believing that I am secretly Satanic, enough to let the Devil have free run over my mind, which to me is a far-fetched conclusion. I know there are reasoning’s beyond my control for how my brain functions, but I highly doubt in all my religious knowledge that it is a reaction or punishment for my current spiritual or religious standing. I have dealt with these demons since childhood and I hardly believe the cause is my original sin. If I believe this opinion, then I would have to believe that my God is unjust and this is the most undaunted perception I have ever heard of. Just because something is dark, scary, sad, unreliable, unconventional, and painful does not make it an action of the Devil. If I was to call out everything that is the opposite of happy and joyful a work of the Devil, then this world is in for a huge fucking hell party funeral, because we are all going down in a blaze of sins from the Devil. That is one of the most cancerous beliefs in the world. It sounds to me like a fear conclusion to me. They cannot exactly pinpoint why some things and some people are the way they are or work the way they do, so it must be unrighteous. Furthermore, determining them to be inhumanely derived, therefore, they must be shunned or conformed and a vindication for the public to accede has to be devised for validation purposes. Seems to me these people are much more paranoid than I am, and they are the ones needing to be exorcised, not myself. That must also mean that cancer, lisps, physical deformities, blindness, birth defects, tumors, infertility, and everything else people medically suffer from that is not “normal” is a reaction to their spiritual well-being and that the Devil is at work on them as well, correct? Wow, shocker huh… So how do you feel about your perception of others now? What are your opinions?
I enclosed the video in which my post is about, and the link below the video is his profile page with all his other videos, hope you enjoy!
 

 




http://www.youtube.com/user/bipolarorwakingup




Chasity


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments, it gives me great pleasure being able to share with you and recieving my reader's feedback. I try to respond as soon as possible to all of my readers, but please do not get discouraged if it takes a day or two. At the moment, I am working on a weekly regular Blog posting idea (ex. "Not Me Monday" or "Thirsty Thursday"). If you have any proposals for ideas, I would be more than grateful to hear what my readers would enjoy. God bless and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Ciao,
The Girl Under the Silver Lining