Thursday, June 10, 2010

Handwritten Straight to the Heart

   Have you realized how quickly and impressionably our world has become impersonal? What ever happened to running to the mailbox in childhood anticipation of what treasures await you, people do not even care about penmanship anymore. We are so obsessed with emails, instant messages, texts, tweets, and status updates that we no longer value the simple things. These things are nothing in comparison to a postcard, handwritten letter, or an occasion card. The things we once kept as treasures from friends, family, and lovers are turning into unvalued antiques, as we know it. We have replaced them with intangible extraneous gestural messages that are continually becoming absolutely obsolete. When did we as a whole lose our intimacy with one another? I, myself, love the “old” way of doing things. I feel it is more personal and genuine, but sadly as time goes by I notice when receiving my perfectly personal sentiments people are no longer pleasurably satisfied or gratified by what they receive. Our relationships with each other are supposedly fulfilled, yet we are colloquially estranged from any and every thing that is not electronically instantaneous. I think we need to go back to the basics here, so I am standing up and doing my part. My plan of action is to make myself more personable, in hopes of ratifying our former ways and depleting the insatiable desires of technology. I will not be defeated by modern day living, although I do enjoy the pleasures that technology has beaconed, I will not let myself become a robot of the future either.








Chasity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments, it gives me great pleasure being able to share with you and recieving my reader's feedback. I try to respond as soon as possible to all of my readers, but please do not get discouraged if it takes a day or two. At the moment, I am working on a weekly regular Blog posting idea (ex. "Not Me Monday" or "Thirsty Thursday"). If you have any proposals for ideas, I would be more than grateful to hear what my readers would enjoy. God bless and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Ciao,
The Girl Under the Silver Lining