Thursday, July 22, 2010

Morning Magic

  As an avid coffee drinker since my early teenage years, I soon grew out of the coffee drinking business. I went from drinking plain coffee to adding shots of espresso, then moving to only drinking shots of espresso instead when the triple shot coffee no longer worked for me. I graduated from coffee a few years ago to the point of brewing espresso in the coffee pot as you would regular coffee grounds in hopes of finding that long lost jolt. I thought if the tiny shots of espresso were not giving me the energy I needed, I must have more. I have drank coffee for so long that I no longer got the effects I needed from it or maybe I am just immune to the energy level it gave me and left me needing more. I currently put six heaping scoops of espresso into a twelve cup coffee pot and although most days I do not feel the effects, when I do not have my morning Joe I am quite aware I haven‘t. I am already on my second cup already, anticipating my third and let me just say my “cup” is one of those massive two handholding kinds that I fill to the brim. I am speaking of coffee today to bring you my experience with the new Starbucks VIA, if you haven’t heard of it, no sweat I hadn’t either till I received a sample in the mail. Starbucks VIA is a line of instant coffee, they designed in a last ditch effort to save their failing company from the every dropping market they produce. Now, I am not one to go and spend $5 or more on a cup of coffee or whatever else you may drink, that I can brew better at my own house, but I did receive the sample so why waste it. First off, the sample I received was the Starbucks VIA Italian Roast. Secondly, I have never really fancied the taste of Italian Roast coffee or any other coffee I would call gourmet. I was more of the original Folgers and strongly brewed at that. Thirdly, I only drink coffee when there are not any other options and I refuse to drink instant coffee. There is nothing less appealing than a steaming cup of impostor coffee placed in front of you. I have had this sample sitting atop my microwave for approximately a week now. I had no intention of drinking it and forgoing my delicious homemade brew. I simply kept it thinking I can take it with me if I have to go somewhere in the morning and have no time to make my own brew, since it does come in one of those handy single serving to-go packages. Well my coffee pot although it has one of those self timers, I do not get to use it often seeing as I have such horrid sleep issues and never waking at a set time would leave me with stale or unready coffee. I normally leave a half a cup worth of “coffee” in the pot so that I may start my energy rush while a fresh pot is brewing in the morning, but I had none left after yesterday. This morning I awoke very impatient and could not wait for the drip to run dry so that I may enjoy my coffee and decided I would try the sample. I had no expectations for this coffee to be anything less than repulsive, but I quickly was I slapped in the face by my lankness of faith for Starbuck’s. Furthermore, I usually do not doubt their genius in the coffee making business, I am not denying the fact they know how to make coffee. I simply am not prudent enough to just waste money on it and especially not something as contemptible as instant coffee. I was abruptly in awe of this once loathsome and now demitasse of instant magic. I am not stating this instant coffee beats a brewed pot, but it sure does give it a run for its money. I was pleasantly surprised at my liking of it. The flavor was good, it did not taste like days old stale mud and there were no un-dissolvable grounds floating around the cup. It was full of flavor and bold. It comes in a variety of flavors as well; Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew Colombia which is the Medium blend, an iced medium blend, and extra bold blends such as Italian Roast and Decaf Italian Roast. I have not been compensated in any way for this review, merely thought I would share my experience.

 

Chasity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments, it gives me great pleasure being able to share with you and recieving my reader's feedback. I try to respond as soon as possible to all of my readers, but please do not get discouraged if it takes a day or two. At the moment, I am working on a weekly regular Blog posting idea (ex. "Not Me Monday" or "Thirsty Thursday"). If you have any proposals for ideas, I would be more than grateful to hear what my readers would enjoy. God bless and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Ciao,
The Girl Under the Silver Lining